Sunday 22 April 2012

6.What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the progression of my production, I have learnt many different things about different technologies. I created the script for our film, so I was mainly using Microsoft Word. However, I also worked on the editing and helped with the camera work, so I can give a full account of how the different technologies worked.

During the progress of our film, I didn't encounter any real problems whilst creating the script. This was because I was using Microsoft Word to create it. The reason why I didn't encounter any problems with this software was because it is a very simple program to use, there are many different options such as text size, font etc. There is also a very simple layout, and it is easy to find different options. The other reason why I didn't encounter any problems with Microsoft Word was because I have had LOADS of experience with it. I have been using the program for at least eight years, so I know how to use the software extensively, and there was no problem that I couldn't overcome. I also learnt that Microsoft Word was quite a useful software, because I was able to quickly create a professional script for my main production with ease.

I also helped with the editing on our main production. The software we used to edit our film was Adobe Premier Elements 9. There were many useful options that helped us to create our horror film in this program. For example, we could use options to change the brightness of certain scenes in our film, to make it suitable for our product. We could also cut different segments of our clip and place them in different areas, so we could easily improve on our continuity editing. Even though there were many useful features in Premier Elements, we also faced many problems whilst editing. The main problem we faced was with the extra audio files. The main problem we faced was with the audio files not playing, they had no volume so this was a huge setback for our film. I knew that this was a problem in Premier Elements because the file worked fine when it was played on Windows Media Player. I didn't know the cause of the problem for these audio files, but luckily the sound files worked in the end, so we were able to add in these audio files in the end.

I also helped to set up the camera positions while we were filming our horror film. The main thing I learnt about the camera during this time was that it was quite confusing to operate. Even though there were the simple buttons for recording and zooming, there were still many different configurations that could adjust the focus and sound levels on the camera. It is clear that there is a fault with the focus in some shots. For instance, in one shot our cameraman tried to adjust the manual focus so that a religious figure would be in focus, while the background would be out of focus. But instead of this, the whole shot is blurry. I also learnt that with the camera we used, we could adjust the brightness the brightness for different locations, similar to the brightness option in Adobe Premier Elements 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment